Our Pelham Eye Doctors at Pelham Ridge Eye Care — Near Alabaster, Hoover & Helena
When you do a search for 'eye doctor near me,' you’ll likely find many practices. So what makes us stand out? At Pelham Ridge Eye Care, we take pride in our personalized service and strive to spend the necessary time with each patient to ensure a comfortable experience. Our local eye doctors in Pelham, AL and optometry professionals are passionate about providing high-quality care to our family of patients.
With 4 locations, you can conveniently book an appointment with one of our eye doctors near you! We provide comprehensive eye exams, a large selection of prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, and the best possible vision care. Come in today to see why we’re #1 for optometry in the Birmingham-Hoover area.
Why Choose Us As Your Nearby Eye Doctor in Pelham, AL?
- We’re proud to be one of the few locally owned eye doctors near Alabaster, Helena, Hoover area!
- Same Day & Walk-Ins Appts
- Accepting many different insurance plans, including VSP, EyeMed, and Davis.
- 1 hour service on many eyeglass prescriptions
- Lowest Eye Exam Specials and Eyeglasses Discounts In Pelham! See our monthly specials!
- We carry top brand names for eyeglasses and frames such as Ray-Ban, Tiffany & Co, Fendi, Tory Burch, Prada, Michael Kors and many more
- Open Saturdays for your convenience
- Se habla español!
Our Optometrists in Pelham
Dr. Frank Francisco
Dr. Frank Francisco is a 2004 graduate of Albertville High School. He is the son of indigenous Mayan Guatemalan immigrants who moved to Albertville in 1994. Because of his indigenous Mayan heritage, Dr. Francisco speaks Spanish and Qanjobal.
Due to his humble upbringing, Dr. Francisco had big dreams as a child and was determined to succeed in academics. In 2008, Frank completed the UAB School of Health Professions Honors Program and graduated cum laude at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (BS, radiography).
During college, Frank worked tirelessly for the advancement of Hispanic representation in his community. Dr. Francisco volunteered at the office of the Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (HICA), as well as served as a Spanish and Qanjobal interpreter at the local indigent hospital in Birmingham. In addition to his service, Frank published an article in the national Radiologic Technology journal in 2009 on the impact Spanish and Qanjobal interpretation services had on healthcare facilities in Alabama.
In 2014, Dr. Francisco graduated with a Doctorate in Optometry (O.D.) at the University of Alabama School of Optometry. During optometry school, Frank served as vice president of Student Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity (SVOSH) and president of the National Optometric Student Association (NOSA). Today, Dr. Francisco continues to devote his time to his community and to serve as a mentor to several Hispanic students interested in higher education and the field of optometry.
Dr. Irwin Fingerman
For over 30 years, Dr. Fingerman has been serving the Clay, Pinson and Trussville communities in private practice. An honor graduate of UAB School of Optometry, he has served several generations of families and enjoys building trusted relationships. In addition, he works in institutional settings where he advises the medical staffs of nursing homes and the Federal Correctional Institute in Talladega on eye care needs. His knowledge of advanced eye conditions helps solve the problems of these special communities before progressive conditions can become major issues.
A husband, father and grandfather, Dr. Fingerman is a man of faith and active in his religious community.
Dr. Fingerman is also active in the community. A member of the Trussville BNI group (Business Networks International, a referral network), he has been its president 3 times since 2005. He can also be seen at one of the local gyms taking part in their group fitness classes. At present, he is working toward being certified as a Les Mills RPM instructor (a group spin or stationary bike cycle class). Dr. Fingerman is passionate about the health of your eyes, believing that the eyes are a unique window into your overall health.
Services: Why types of eye care services do you offer?
When you visit an optometrist at one of our 4 locations, you will find more than friendly service for your family’s eye care. You will also get a knowledgeable team of optometry professionals waiting to help you find the best possible vision solutions for you and your entire family. Our optometry office provides comprehensive eye care services including:
- Eye examinations with state of the art technology such as digital eye exams
- Pediatric/children eye care (for ages 5 and up)
- Contact lens fitting and lenses; we provide hard-to-fit contacts for astigmatism, etc.
- A very large selection of eyeglasses and lenses, with same day glasses in many cases!
What To Expect: What will my local eye doctor near me do during the exam?
The first thing our optometrist will likely do when you arrive at our office is have the front desk staff help you fill out any necessary paperwork before bringing you in. There after, you can expect the following:
1. Discuss any changes in your medical history since the last time you saw your eye doctor. If you are a first time patient, we will go over your medical history—list of medications you’re currently taking, family health problems, and symptoms you are experiencing.
2. In addition, you’ll undergo a series of vision and eye tests that help determine the overall health and quality of your vision. These tests also help to check that your current prescription glasses or contacts (if you have one) is still meeting your vision needs.
3. Our eye doctor closest to you will also check your eyes for signs of any potential vision problems or eye diseases. In many instances, your pupil may be dilated (opened) using special drops so that your eye doctor can better see the structures of the eye.
For your next eye doctor appointment, make sure to:
- Bring your insurance card, identification and method of payment, if necessary
- Bring your most recent prescription for glasses or contact lenses, if possible
- Findings from any vision screening(s) you've had
Book An Eye Exam At Pelham Ridge Eye Care Now!
Call now at 205- 624-2015 to schedule your next eye exam with one of our eye doctors near you at Pelham Ridge Eye Care!